We are looking for a motivated Assistant Manager with a desire to gain exposure to a varied portfolio of high-profile pension fund clients whilst developing key people-management skills in a supportive, yet progressive environment. You will be joining a team committed to delivering services at a high level, adding value to the governance of the schemes they manage, whilst honing your leadership skills.
Due to the vast size of the pension operation, the role will encompass an extensive range of responsibilities and duties. Responsibilities will include assisting the Pensions Manager and Director with the day to day management of the pension’s team and administration of a range of pension schemes, reporting to the Pensions Manager. The role will also include assisting with the supervision and development of trainee and junior administrators within the pensions department.
Duties will include:
- Assisting with management of all domestic pension schemes including occupational, international and local;
- Assisting the Pensions Manager and Director in the day-to-day operations of the pensions department;
- Supporting and developing the Pension Administrators;
- Providing technical support where needed;
- Deputising for the Pensions Manager;
- Responding to pension member queries;
- Liaising with legal and compliance teams with regard to pension plans;
- Liaising with intermediaries and introducers of pension business;
- Liaising with investment houses with regard to pension funds;
- Preparing trustee resolutions and minutes;
- Liaising with the company & trust department where necessary;
- Liaising with pension plan bankers;
- Dealing with requests for admission to pension plans and transfers out;
- Updating databases;
- Acting as signatory upon successful completion of probation period;
- Overseeing the preparation, collation and dispatch of pension documentation;
- Managing pension benefit payments and liaising with compliance;
- Compliance with Anti Money Laundering and other Regulatory obligations including collation and upkeep of Client Customer Due Diligence (CDD).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the fiduciary services industry;
- Hold or be willing to study towards a professional qualification;
- Previous experience in ‘team management’;
- Good organisation and communication skills;
- Technical skills, experience & knowledge;
- Good working knowledge of compliance and regulation;
- Ability to support and mentor team members;
- Effectively support Managers and Directors to ensure work fulfils compliance and quality standards;
- Technically strong, preferably encompassing Pension Schemes but if not, a willingness to learn.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.