Concept is a long standing Guernsey fiduciary company of approximately 55 staff, owned and run by its Executive Directors, who work day to day in the business and are fully accessible. Working alongside the Executive Directors, the fiduciary director will either need extensive fiduciary experience and knowledge of pensions or vice versa and will also be commercially aware and committed to providing the highest levels of service to our clients.
The Role – Responsibility for the management, delivery and expansion of Fiduciary services. Ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations. Maintaining a professional and consistent level of service including direct client contact and the management and mentoring of the fiduciary team. Close interaction with senior staff of key business areas and regular reporting to the board. Participating in business development, engaging with prospective clients and professional advisors to advance Concept’s brand and reputation. Individuals whom already have a client base or are able to generate new business, would also be considered for ownership of equity in the business.
- Minimum of 15 years combined experience in the Fiduciary industry with at least 5 of those being at Director level;
- Extensive knowledge and with at least 5 years’ experience of Personal and/or International Pension schemes;
- Significant experience of managing and developing relationships in the Trust industry;
- Professional qualification i.e. Lawyer, Accountant, ICSA, STEP
- Proven senior level managerial experience as an Executive in the Financial/trust sectors;
- Proven management and administrative skills, including human resource management;
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively with various policy makers and board members;
- High level of understanding of AML legislation and its application to a Fiduciary client base;
- Good organisational and communication skills;
- Proactive individual with strong analytical skills and the desire to continuously learn and improve skills;
- Accustomed to working as part of a team, with good social and presentation skills.
Due to the size of the operation, the role necessitates a wide range of responsibilities including management of the Fiduciary department, reporting to the Executive Directors. The role also involves focus on protecting and growing revenue from existing and new clients in both the Private Clients and Pension teams, ensuring high level service delivery and client satisfaction therefore continually working to develop and grow the business.
- To assist the Executive Directors in the day-to-day operations of the Fiduciary and Pensions departments;
- Together with the Executive Directors, establish a strategic response for the organisations operational priorities in the Fiduciary/Pensions Departments;
- To liaise with the board of Directors on fiduciary related issues;
- To develop Key Performance indicators for the Private Client Division and to provide comprehensive regular reports to the Executive Directors and Board;
- To assist the Board in the development and implementation of long-term goals and objectives for the organisation;
- To ensure high service levels are maintained and prompt turnaround times continue;
- To establish, in conjunction with other Directors, clear performance targets, both quantitative and qualitative, for the Private Client Team, which will significantly improve performance. To monitor delivery of these targets and to take steps to address any inadequacy;
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change, self-motivated and able to independently drive results
- Strong analytical skills: ability to analyse and synthesize large amounts of information into concise and structured output.
- Problem solving: think logically and deconstruct a larger problem into sub-components, prioritize issues and allocate resources
- To review and amend policies and procedures within the Pensions and Private Client departments for review by the Executive Directors;
- To act as the link between the Executive Directors and the staff;
- To act as a Signatory and In-House Director upon successful completion of probation period.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience, reviewed annually with a discretionary bonus.
A package of other benefits – pension, private medical insurance and dentistry, life and critical illness cover.
Flexible element of remuneration to meet your needs.
A long term Guernsey employment permit, for non-Guernsey resident applicants.