Working alongside the business’ Managing Director and Operations Director, the Finance Manager will not only be an exceptional accountant and hands-on with Company finances but will also be commercially aware, advising on the best path of growth for the business.
This role will have overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy and will be expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings, with the most profitable outcomes.
The position is full time but might suit someone on reduced hours or flexible hours as the role can be managed accordingly. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and hours worked.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Form a close working relationship with the Managing Director, Operations Director and other Senior Executives and Non Executives.
- Provide leadership to the Board’s Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the Company’s financial performance and strategic position.
- Take overall control of the Company’s accounting function, Including but not limited to
- Monthly management accounts, including FRR, cash flow reporting
- Annual audited accounts and liaison with auditors
- Quarterly billing process, WIP analysis
- Recoverability, utilisation analysis for resources
- Liaison with Trust Quay re NavOne
- Report writing using NavOne functionality
- Purchase ledger book keeping overview
- Accruals prepayments and journals
- Contribute fully to the development of Company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Ensure that Company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the Company cash management policies.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Assist and manage various projects as directed by the Managing Director/Operations Director
- Manage the payroll including all relating returns, group income and group protection
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification
- Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies
- Ability to handle pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.