Corporate Services and Pensions Assistant Manager
The role may attract the provision of a local housing license and housing assistance.
The role reports to the Pensions Manager and the role necessitates a wide range of responsibilities to a variety of high-profile Corporate and Pension clients whilst assisting with the key people management in a supportive, yet progressive environment. You will be joining a team committed to delivering excellent service level and client delivery adding value to the governance of the schemes they manage, whilst honing your leadership skills. The company recognises the specialised field in which it operates is narrow and is open to applications from candidates in other financial services sectors and accountants or lawyers. Training specific to this role can be provided.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (Included but not limited to)
- Administration and management of a portfolio of Trusts, Companies and Pension Schemes;
- Liaising with clients, intermediaries, investment houses etc. in a variety of communication methods;
- Preparation of minutes, written resolutions, and other statutory documentation;
- Assisting with supervision, training, mentoring and coaching of other team members;
- Providing technical support to the team and wider business if requested;
- Deputising for the Pensions Manager;
- Working closely with all internal departments and external parties to help deliver a first class service;
- Act as signatory;
- Compliance with Anti Money Laundering and other Regulatory obligations including collation and upkeep of Client Customer Due Diligence (CDD);
- Ensure high service levels are maintained and/or exceeded and meet performance and quality as well as complying with industry standards;
- Assist with the development of pension policies and procedures and carry out an ongoing review of existing policies and procedures;
- Any other duties as requested.
ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven track record working within the fiduciary, insurance, banking or pension industry or in a similar position;
- Minimum 3 -5 years’ experience in the finance services industry;
- Professionally qualified (e.g. STEP, ICSA etc. or equivalent) is desirable or working towards professional qualification or qualified by experience;
- Previous experience in team management or supervisory role;
- Previous experience as a Signatory;
- A strong sense of accountability, delivery, productivity;
- Excellent organisation and communication skills both written and oral;
- Technical skills, experience & knowledge related to the role is desired but candidates from other finance sectors are encouraged and specific training can be provided ;
- NAVISON software experience is desired but training can be provided;
- Professional, personable and approachable;
- Accustomed to working as part of a team;
- Adaptable and self-motivated;
- Support Directors, Associate Directors and Managers to ensure work fulfils and exceeds compliance and quality standards.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.